That said, I have three fairly long distance rides to my credit. A return day trip to Ottawa, the 2013 Blogger to Blogger Tour, and the 2014 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Tuscan Loop, and a 2015 Florida Everglades Tour.
The 2013 Tour was 3,000 kilometers over eight days, covering seven cities, two provinces, and seven states in two countries. If you are interested to learn what it means to tour on a motorbike, by all means read all the posts in sequence.
The Tuscan Loop was just a one day ride that followed a loop in Tuscany in Italy from Pontedera to Volterra and San Gimignano and back to Pontedera.
On the other hand, if what you need is a crash course on touring on a Vespa, then skip right to what has to be the ultimate Touring Guide.
Here are the touring links in chronological order:
- 2013 Blogger to Blogger Tour - The long ride home
- 2013 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Montreal leg, part one
- 2014 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Tuscan Loop
- Tuscan Loop - What to pack
- Tuscan Loop - What to wear?
- Tuscan Loop - Guess who came to dinner?
- Tuscan Loop - Venetian Prelude
- Tuscan Loop - Gearing up
- Tuscan Loop - Volterra
- Tuscan Loop - San Gimignano
- Tuscan Loop - The Return
- Tuscan Loop - Museo Piaggio
- Tuscan Loop - Farewell
- Tuscan Loop - Epilogue and lessons learned
- Comfort zones (a brief tour in the Florida Everglades)
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Ms. Quezzie, I presume
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Departure
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Adirondack Museum to Horseshoe Lake
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Steve, Tom, Craig and Ron
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - the Kilner Interlude
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - The Magers are here (no, not baseball)
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour: Safe travels
- 2015 Blogger to Blogger Tour - Epilogue, and lessons learned
- See the sidebar on the right and check out the Scooter Cannonball links and related blogs for some amazing stories of cross-continental rides.
- Meet Stephanie Yue
- Ride to the land of fire
- Touring North America on a Vespa
- Stephanie Yue's blog
- Rider profile: Michael Beattie
- Lost with Mike (link to Mike Saunders' blog)
- Ken Wilson's blog - Lostboater.com
- Riding in Africa and Europe
- Riding to circle the world